How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
· Directly from you, when you send us an enquiry or make a booking via our website, when you provide information via email, class management software, or when you interact with us during your time as a parent in various other ways (for example, where you request a class, renew your course /membership;
· From someone else who has made a booking/enquiry on your behalf (for example a family member);
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
· Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you);
· Financial information (stored and managed by Stripe a third party payments processing company)
· Certain other information which you volunteer when making an enquiry/booking (for example, school your child attends).
We may also collect data about your child's health or medical conditions.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
· Administration of your class/workshop/party booking, including:
taking payment of membership/course/camp fees;
where this is necessary for the performance of a contract (including any written terms and conditions relating to your membership) with you;
· Research and statistical analysis about who is booking on to our sessions;
· Communication about our activities that we think may be of interest to you;
· Storing your details on the software platform we use for our online booking system. Where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example in increasing participation generally);
· Promoting our activities and promoting goods and services of third parties (for example, equipment suppliers and organisers of events) where we think this will be of interest to you;
where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of a third party), and/or where we have your consent, as applicable.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you once you have made a booking. Examples of these essential service communications are:
· Records of transactions such as payment receipts
· Class/workshop/party related mailings such as renewal reminder and information about courses/camps requirements.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Telephone: 0904 108591
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
· Our employees / teachers, for the purposes of administering and running your classes / workshops.
How long your information is kept:
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most booking data, this means we retain it for a period of five years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
· by email: email@example.com
· by telephone: 07904 108591
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website:www.ico.org.uk.