Covid 19 Statement
Covid 19 Policy - Update 20th April 2021
Currently we are able to open a number of our clubs as we recognise we are a key childcare setting for some families, however this is and will continue to be based on the latest government guidance. In the event of a Smart Raspberry Club being
advised to close by government advice or by Public Health England due to the Coronavirus, a full refund or credit will be given for the days that we are closed.
At Smart Raspberry Cookery School, we take health and safety seriously. In light of the current outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we have put together some information, all of which is based on Public Health England advice.
Smart Raspberry Cookery School have put stringent measures in place to ensure your children can continue to enjoy attending our clubs in a safe environment. We believe these measures should give parents the comfort and assurances you need to continue booking your children into our workshops.
We have adopted the following special measures in response to the Coronavirus outbreak:
• Government advice is to stay alert. We will be adhering to the government guidance for “protective measures for holiday or after-school clubs and other out-of-school settings for children during the coronavirus outbreak”
• After the 29th March 2021, Smart Raspberry Cookery School will only be opening for those who need us as per the current “who can attend your setting” government guidance. No earlier than the 12th April 2021 and subject to confirmation of Step 2 of the Covid response – spring 2021. Smart Raspberry Cookery School will be able offer provision to all children, without restriction on the reasons for which they may attend.
• Additional cleaning measures in all clubs to maintain the highest possible standards of hygiene.
•Talks with the children on arrival and during the workshops about hand washing and the importance of using and disposing of tissues.
• Children will be social distancing in our classes, any siblings or children already in year group bubbles do not need to socially distance but others will need to observe 1-2 metre social distancing. Workstations will be laid out 2m apart for the children.
• Where possible cookery utensils need to be single use only, providing each child with their own which are then cleaned after use. If equipment is used by multiple people it must be cleaned and disinfected between groups.
• Every club will have a supply of antibacterial hand-gel and encourage staff and children to use this regularly throughout the day. In the event of not being able to supply
antibacterial hand gel, soap will be made accessible to enable children and staff to continue to wash their hands.
• We will ensure that when parents arrive to drop off or collect their child/children that we maintain the government guidelines on social distancing and ensure there is 2 meters between everyone. No parents will be allowed into the building whilst dropping the children off and collecting and staff will sign the children in and out. The social distancing measures will also be a rule set in line for when children are sitting.
• There will be ‘bubbles’ of no more than 15 children in a group with 2 members of staff and they will remain together for the duration of the workshop until the children go home.
• Workshops will be advertised appropriately and according to current government guidelines. When booking and again 48 hours before the workshop is to take place parents will be emailed important information highlighting our Covid 19 procedures: